July 24, 2013
Syracuse, NY—StartFast Venture Accelerator will hold its second annual Demo Day on August 22, 2013 at the historic Landmark Theatre in downtown Syracuse. Five internet/mobile software startup teams that have spent the summer building their businesses will take the stage and share their achievements with the assembled audience of investors and community supporters.
This year’s demo day will also feature five additional companies that have stood out for their performance in other Upstate NY accelerator programs, including StartUp Labs (Syracuse), HTR Launchpad (Rochester), Z80 Labs (Buffalo) and the 2013 Syracuse Student Sandbox. Demo Day invites can be requested at http://startfast.net/investors/.
Last year’s Demo Day event sold out and was the largest gathering of angel investors and venture capitalists in Syracuse’s history. According to StartFast Managing Director Nasir Ali, “we moved to a larger location to accommodate demand for participation in this event. Demo Day is all about celebrating entrepreneurship in our community and shining the light on best-in-class startups that will put our region on the map.” For those who did not attend last year’s demo day, a brief preview video is available at http://vimeo.com/startfast/demoday2013.
StartFast Demo Day 2013 is presented by Manning & Napier. The 2013 StartFast teams are:
- Glyphr (Syracuse, NY) Glyphr’s is a 3D visualization plugin for tablet magazines and eCommerce websites that increases engagement levels and conversion rates. Glyphr digitizes physical products using a proprietary robotic imaging system. (http://www.glyphr.cc)
- WedWu (Fort Lauderdale, FL) A Priceline like service that is changing the way people book weddings and events to assure quality professionals at a great price. (http://www.wedwu.com/)
- Falcon (Los Angeles, CA) Falcon is a mobile app that increases revenue and brand engagement for events and organizations by driving customers to vendors and sponsors. (http://www.thefalconapp.com)
- Symcircle (San Francisco, CA) Symcircle is a mobile application that creates private networks and provides tools that effectively connect members within their fraternity, sorority, or professional association. (http://www.symcircle.com)
- Calester (Hamilton, Ontario) Calester helps you find events that match your interest and your free time. (http://calester.com)
StartFast Venture Accelerator is a private investor backed program modeled on the highly successful TechStars program that started in Boulder, Colorado. StartFast provides early funding for high-potential startup teams from around the world and invites them to Syracuse, NY each summer for an intensive 3-month program. Mentors and investors affiliated with the program have the opportunity to work closely with the companies and make follow-on investments at the end of the program.
StartFast 2013 sponsors include Manning & Napier, Ernst & Young, Upstate Venture Connect, Cayuga Venture Fund, Seed Capital Fund of CNY, the CNY Business Journal, Upstate Venture Association of New York, TriNet, Inc., Bousquet Holstein, Northland Communications, CenterState CEO, Evans and Bennett, and Sustainable Office Solutions.
More information at http://startfast.net.