Latest Round of Debt Capital Issued at a Coupon of 1.893%, the Lowest Securitized Rate in Data Center Industry History, Positioning the Company Well to Fund Future Growth
DENVER, CO – September 1st, 2020 – STACK INFRASTRUCTURE (“STACK” or the “Company”), the digital infrastructure partner to the world’s most innovative companies, today announced the issuance of $325 million of securitized notes (the “Notes”) at a coupon of 1.893%, the lowest securitized rate in the history of the data center industry, breaking the Company’s own record for lowest rate set in November, 2019. The Notes are rated “A-” by Standard & Poor’s. STACK is a programmatic asset-backed securities issuer. Together with its previous securitization issuances in February and November of 2019, the Company has raised more than $1.4 billion.
This latest round of financing is representative of STACK’s considerable momentum in the data center market as well as the acceleration of data center absorption across major regions in the United States. The global pandemic has enhanced the digital economy and is further driving investor interest in data centers, as data demands are increasing to support work-from-home initiatives, collaboration tools, and new technology platforms. STACK is an industry leader in facilitating its clients to meet the increasing end-user demand.
“As the STACK platform has continued to scale, we’ve seen unprecedented levels of investor demand, which stands as a testament to the Company’s credible growth strategy and our ability to support the accelerated momentum of the hyperscale and cloud data center market,” said Heather Paduck, Chief Financial Officer. “We are committed to driving value for our clients above all else, and that partnership continues to fuel our success.”
STACK has continued on a trajectory of growth since inception, acquiring several facilities and land parcels in key regions throughout the United States. These include:
- A 100% pre-leased 32MW multi-story data center on its campus in San Jose, California, currently under construction.
- A 125-acre hyperscale data center campus with 250MW of potential critical capacity in Prince William County, Virginia in partnership with the Peterson Companies.
- A 24MW, multi-story data center adjacent to its existing facility in Chicago, which will be ready for service in the second half of 2020.
- An 80+MW expansion of its Portland data center campus, which is currently under development.
- An 80-acre hyperscale campus in Phoenix, Arizona with access to over 150MW of critical capacity.
- A 400-acre hyperscale data center campus with 400MW potential critical capacity in AllianceTexas, a master-planned development in Fort Worth, Texas, in partnership with Hillwood.
- Expansion into a new market, New Albany, Ohio, via the acquisition of a purpose-built, Tier III data center. STACK’s New Albany campus includes development land that has the potential to add an additional 32MW of capacity.
- Expansion in Atlanta, Georgia, bringing total capacity in that region to 20MW.
The Notes have not been, and will not be registered, under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or registered or qualified under any applicable state securities laws and may not be offered or sold absent such registration, or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements thereunder and STACK is not obligated to register the Notes. This press release is neither an offer to sell, nor a solicitation of an offer to buy any Notes nor shall there be any sale of the Notes in any state or jurisdiction in which the offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
STACK INFRASTRUCTURE provides both the digital infrastructure and end-to-end client experience required to scale the world’s most innovative companies. Its offerings includes hyperscale campuses and build-to-suit data centers (“HYPER STACK™”), immediately available wholesale colocation and private data suites (“READY STACK™”), and powered shell options (“POWER STACK™”).
For more information about STACK, please visit: www.stackinfra.com.
# # #
ABOUT STACK INFRASTRUCTURE
STACK provides digital infrastructure to scale the world’s most innovative companies. With a client-first approach, the Company delivers a comprehensive suite of wholesale build-to suit, colocation, and powered shell solutions in eight markets today: Northern Virginia, Chicago, Portland, Phoenix, Atlanta, Silicon Valley, Dallas-Fort Worth, and New Albany, Ohio. With unparalleled existing and flexible expansion capacity in the leading availability zones, STACK offers the scale and geographic reach that rapidly growing hyperscale and enterprise companies need. The world runs on data. And data runs on STACK.
For more information, visit www.stackinfra.com
iMiller Public Relations