Coriant Multi-Sided Solutions Showcase at Mobile World Congress 2018 Features Disruptive Innovations Redefining 5G, IoT, Cloud, Video, and Multi-Access Edge Compute Services
NAPERVILLE, Illinois, 6 February 2018 – Coriant, a global supplier of open, disruptive, and hyperscale networking solutions for service providers and web-scale Internet operators, today unveiled a Multi-Sided Platform Partner Program that significantly expands the revenue-generating service value of the Coriant solutions portfolio. Building upon Coriant’s open, software-centric, and collaborative approach to network transformation, the new Multi-Sided Platform Partner Program combines Silicon Valley-style disruptive innovation with comprehensive lifecycle service management capabilities to help network operators accelerate the introduction of highly differentiated end-user services and applications including: 5G, IoT, Cloud, and Industrial Internet.
“As the pace of digital transformation accelerates and the market for communications services intensifies, ecosystems have never been more critical,” said Homayoun Razavi, Chief Customer Officer and Executive Vice President of Global Sales & Digital Marketing, Coriant. “To stay competitive, companies undergoing digital transformation seek an unbiased approach to sourcing end-to-end solutions that deliver innovation. Our Multi-Sided Platform Partner Program enhances our ability to deliver best-in-breed innovations. Optimized for the highest performance value at the lowest costs, these solutions leverage proven lifecycle management capabilities that accelerate time-to-revenue.”
The Coriant Multi-Sided Solutions Showcase at Mobile World Congress 2018 will feature service-enabling innovations from its new ecosystem of partners, including: ADTRAN, Bluechip Systems, Crunch Media Works, Engineered Fluids, Federated Wireless, nuPSYS and Openwave Mobility. Complementing the Coriant Hyperscale Carrier Architecture and Coriant Transcend™ Software Suite, the Coriant Multi-Sided Solutions Showcase highlights innovative products and technologies spanning mobility, IoT, cloud, data center, video optimization, security, and Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC):
- Open, SDN-programmable NG-PON2 access – A highly scalable, CORD-based solution supporting converged residential broadband, SLA-based enterprise and 5G front/backhaul services. The solution showcase will also feature SDN/NFV-enabled multi-layer, multi-domain provisioning between the Coriant Transcend™ Symphony Transport Controller and the world’s most open and complete Software-Defined Access (SD-Access) architecture. (ADTRAN Mosaic)
- Secure, intelligent, plug and play innovation for mobility and IoT – Innovative security technology that brings secure computation, storage, and communication to a wide variety of devices, and can provide a full end-to-end solution in telecom network environments. (Bluechip Systems)
- Disruptive class of video optimization tools – Video optimization tools that deliver 30 to 80 percent smaller videos compared to the most optimal in the industry, while maintaining the same perceptible quality. Five years of video analyses and research in conjunction with EPFL Switzerland led to this patent-pending, codec-agnostic technology that uses machine learning and automates the process of choosing the right set of encoding parameters for a video based on its content. (Crunch Media Works)
- ‘Deploy Anywhere’ high-density, distributed compute capabilities – Enabled by eco-friendly, micro-data centers based on a revolutionary liquid immersion cooling solution that cuts power by as much as 60 percent, increases density by as much at 80 percent and extends the reach of high-powered, multi-access, edge compute solutions to virtually any environment to enable new enterprise services. (Engineered Fluids)
- Cloud-based Spectrum Controller – Pioneering Spectrum Controller that delivers software-defined spectrum through a cloud-based Spectrum Access System (SAS) empowering a revolution in shared spectrum possibilities on CBRS 3.5 GHz and future bands. (Federated Wireless)
- Simplified deployment and management of MEC, Data Centers, and IoT assets – Physical and virtual 3-D visualization tool for data center modeling, planning, and operating that enables the easy, cost effective, and predictable deployment of everything from distributed compute capabilities to remote surveillance cameras for MEC, data centers and IoT. (nuPSYS)
- Mobile data and traffic management – Proven track record of delivering innovation and consistent quality of experience for video and all-IP traffic for mobile data access. The fully NFV solution enables mobile operators to maximize their network, to manage and monetize IP traffic (encrypted & unencrypted) at the lowest total cost of ownership. (Openwave Mobility)
Coriant’s tiered Multi-Sided Platform Partner Program provides customers a flexible, co-creation business model for new revenue-generating services that encompasses the seamless introduction of disruptive technologies as well as comprehensive go-to-market and lifecycle support capabilities that accelerate time-to-revenue. Highlights include:
- Validation and system integration – ecosystem orchestration, solution testing, integration, installation, and commissioning
- Sales enablement – product definition, CRM, sales training, collateral, co-marketing, and demand generation
- Co-selling – enterprise-focused collaborative sales planning and support for service provider sales channels and enterprise resellers
- Support and lifecycle management – full suite of lifecycle management and orchestration enabling end-to-end service implementation and faster time-to-revenue
Bolstered by proven global services expertise and industry-leading system integrator partners, the new partner program reinforces the company’s commitment to open networks and extends the scope of its multi-layer customer solutions across a broader set of network segments and technologies, including 5G, IoT, video and mobile data optimization, and virtualized MEC.
To arrange a meeting with Coriant executives at MWC or schedule a demonstration of our Multi-Sided Solutions Showcase, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting Partner Quotes:
“The Internet of Things (IoT) is increasingly vulnerable to unauthorized manipulation of devices. Most experts consider cybersecurity to be the greatest challenge for IoT’s expansion into the mainstream. Bluechip is actively developing solutions that work with IoT devices to securely store and transmit data. Coriant’s impressive network of Internet operators and commitment to excellence will provide Bluechip the opportunity to reach markets that will thrive with our product and services. We are excited to have this partnership expand cybersecurity protection to all IoT devices and platforms across the globe.”
Uri Kreisman, COO, Bluechip Systems
“Video is rapidly growing as a preferred medium for communication and disseminating information. With the increase in pixel density on modern day devices, consumers are now able to discern the difference between high-definition video and standard definition even on smaller screens. At the same time, storage and streaming HD videos is becoming challenging and cost-prohibitive for telecoms engaged in live and VoD video services. At Crunch, we have developed a new class of video optimization tools which produce videos that are up to 80 percent smaller than those compared to the most optimal in the industry, while maintaining the same perceptible quality. This will not only reduce the cost to store and broadcast videos, but it also helps create a better user experience. We are happy to showcase our products and services with Coriant at Mobile World Congress 2018 to give telecoms and Internet operators first-hand experience of how they can benefit from deploying our technology in their video processing, storage and broadcasting.”
Amit Ramchandran, President & CEO, Crunch Media Works
“The amazing pace of innovation across a wide variety of industries is increasingly dependent on best-of-breed innovations in thermal management for ever more powerful electronic components and systems. As these devices become ever smaller, and yet more powerful, they give off increasing amounts of waste heat which must be carefully managed to maintain safety and optimal operating conditions. Built upon our ElectroCool® engineered dielectric fluids, we are working closely with Coriant to bring our full immersion, single phase cooling technology innovation to customers to support and accelerate the deployment of environmental-friendly micro- and pico-edge data centers to support AI, IoT, real-time decisions, and other intensive compute applications.”
Gary Testa, President and CEO, Engineered Fluids
“We are pleased to work with Coriant at Mobile World Congress 2018 to show Operators all dimensions of service delivery, including sharing spectrum. Federated Wireless opens an ecosystem of CBRS providers to Coriant’s customers via our Spectrum Controller, an innovative cloud-based, software-defined spectrum management solution that plays a critical role in facilitating the densification of existing networks and enhancing a wide range of mobile technologies and services.”
Iyad Tarazi, President and CEO, Federated Wireless
“Coriant’s demonstrated success with the world‘s largest web-scale Internet operators and deep experience in delivering industry-leading efficiencies in data center connectivity make them an ideal partner for nuPSYS and our unique patented 3D-visualizaiton software solution for Data Centers full life-cycle (design to operations) & IoT platforms. nuPSYS’ Virtual-Presence™ via 3D-immersion, correlated with network (real-time discovery) & IoT (cameras & sensors) views, enables dramatic improvements in operational efficiency, cost & time-to-market savings, and an improved customer experience for existing & new distributed, micro and edge data center deployments.”
Reza Ahy, CEO and President, nuPSYS
“The dramatic increase in demand for mobile data is being driven by video traffic. Anyone in the business of providing data as a service has to have a video strategy to both manage the diversity of video and deliver an outstanding Quality of Experience – even for encrypted content. The business consequence of not having the software tools to strategically manage this growth is that Over the Top (OTT) providers will take the revenue, as they have done with voice and messaging, and leave the cost to the operator. The combination of Openwave Mobility’s innovative video and all IP traffic management solution with Coriant’s excellent industry leadership together in a best of breed ecosystem provides the foundation for operators to secure and deliver revenues today and in the future.”
John Giere, President and CEO, Openwave Mobility
Coriant delivers innovative and dynamic networking solutions for a fast-changing and cloud-centric business world. The Coriant SDN/NFV-enabled portfolio of open, disruptive, and hyperscale solutions and Multi-Sided Platform innovations helps network operators cost-efficiently scale network capacity, reduce operational complexity, and create the resilient foundation for a new generation of mobile, video, and cloud services. Coriant serves leading network operators around the world, including mobile and fixed line service providers, cloud and data center operators, Web 2.0 content providers, cable MSOs, government agencies, and large enterprises. With a distinguished heritage of technology innovation and service excellence, Coriant is helping its global customers maximize the service value of their network infrastructure as demand for bandwidth explodes and the communications needs of businesses and consumers continue to evolve. Learn more at www.coriant.com and follow us on Twitter for the latest news and information.
On behalf of Coriant