Event To Take Place October 6-8, 2014 in Baltimore, MD
FREEMONT, CA, JUNE 24, 2014 – The North American Network Operator’s Group (NANOG) is pleased to announce the Call for Presentations for NANOG 62, taking place at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore in Baltimore, MD October 6-8, 2014.
NANOG 61 in Bellevue, WA was NANOG’s largest and best-attended event to date with nearly 900 attendees throughout the three-day meeting. The NANOG Program Committee is now seeking proposals for presentations, panels, tutorials, track sessions and keynote materials for the NANOG 62 program. Candidates are encouraged to submit presentations describing complex problems and interesting solutions relating to deployed or soon-to-be deployed Internet technology as well as real-world deployment experiences. Submissions in all areas of network operations will be considered, including (but not limited to) topics regarding:
- Power and Facilities – Power reliability and engineering, green power, power efficiency, cooling, and facilities management;
- Interconnections – Internet Exchanges (IXs), intra-building, MMR, metro-wide connections, peering, and transit purchasing tactics and strategies;
- Security – Routing security, route filtering of large peers/ customers, and inter-AS security and cooperation;
- Domain Name System (DNS) – DNS data for network metrics, botnet discovery, and geolocation;
- IPv6 – Real-world deployment challenges, Carrier-Grade NAT, NAT-PT implementations that work and scale, and allocation strategies;
- Content – Distribution (p2p, IPTV), content payment models, content distribution technologies and networks, and storage/archiving; and
- Disaster Recovery – Risk analysis, training, agencies, planning methods, hardware portability, key tools, transport audits, and other lessons learned.
Presentation abstracts and draft slides are due by August 4, 2014. To submit a presentation for consideration at NANOG 62, use the tool located on the Program Committee Site. Lightning talk proposals may be submitted on the Program Committee Site starting October 5, 2014.
The NANOG 62 topic list will be posted August 18, 2014. Selected participants may turn in their final presentation slides no later than September 1, 2014. The final NANOG 62 agenda will be published September 15, 2014.
To learn more about NANOG and its regular meetings and events, visit http://www.nanog.org.
# # #
NANOG is a community of industry experts that work together for the common good of the Internet. In many ways, the NANOG community serves as the heart and soul of the Internet. This close-knit group meets three times a year to discuss all issues, large and small, as they relate to the performance, accessibility and evolution of the Internet. NANOG is dedicated to improving the Internet for all major sectors (public, private, education, and consumer) in all corners of the world. NANOG is a non-profit organization and relies on sponsors to help with costs for its tri-annual conferences as well as managing ongoing communications. Annual sponsors include Diamond Sponsors NTT Communications and VeriSign, Platinum Sponsors Google and Netflix, as well as Gold Comcast. To learn more, visit http://www.nanog.org.
MEDIA CONTACT FOR NANOG:
iMiller Public Relations
Tel: +1 866 307 2510