Attendance Building for Data Centre Summit: Join Active Developers, Investors, Connectivity Firms & End-Users; Premier Two-Day Dublin Event
Active and innovative data centre executives will convene fort The Western European Data Centre Summit to discuss important trends and patterns, including: connectivity to the Americas, global compliance and sovereignty, the competitive environment and cost advantages, strategies for “the cloud game,” the impact of the edge on new development, and more. Innovative end-user executives and decision makers will attend and participate, as well. The Western European Data Centre Summit is the most important industry event of 2016!
“Ireland is becoming a hub for data center activity in Europe. This new activity has impacted the development of the telecommunications to support the data centers. I expect to see a lot more activity in Ireland.” — Mike Cunningham, Chairman, Ireland-France Subsea Cable Limited, and featured speaker.
The Western European Data Centre Summit is the EU’s premier event. Active data center executives are encouraged to attend, participate and develop important business relationships. The summit will feature 40+ speakers in a full-day format with various networking and business developments segments.
| Featured Speakers: |
James Wilman, Chief Executive Officer, Future-tech
Martin Reilly Vice President - Cloud & Content, Aqua Comms Ltd.
Gerry Noone, Sales & Marketing Manager, ESB Telecoms
Zahl Limbuwala, CEO, Romonet
Fergus Innes, Regional Vice President - Europe, Hibernia Networks
Tanya Duncan, Managing Director, Interxion Ireland Limited
Mike Cunningham, Chairman, Ireland-France Subsea Cable Limited
Leo Clancy, Head of Technology, Consumer & Business Services, IDA Ireland
Dan Madrigal, Acquisitions - Infrastructure - DC Strategy, Facebook
Spencer Viernes, Senior Global Counsel at eBay Inc.; CEO and Co-Founder at InPerson
Jerry Sweeney, Managing Director, Cork Internet eXchange
Barry Rhodes, Chief Executive at INEX (Ireland's Internet Neutral Exchange)
Maurice Mortell, Managing Director - Ireland and Emerging Markets, Equinix- Telecity
Jim Shanahan, Chairman at Cranntech; Head of Server Farm Europe
Gary Watson, General Manager Ireland, Keppel DC REIT
Nick Razey, CEO, Next Generation Data Ltd
Valerie Walsh, VP - Portfolio Management Europe, Digital Realty
Garry Connolly, Chairman, GconnTec & President, Host in Ireland
Eddie Kilbane, CEO, DataPlex Datacentres Limited
Peter Hannaford, Chairman, Datacenter People
Paul O'Brien, Senior Engineer, Ethos Engineering Ireland
Simon Brady, Data Centre Optimisation Program Manager, Emerson Network Power Equinix- Telecity
Ian Lucey, Founder - Director & Investor, Lucey
Vincent Barro Vice President IT Business Ireland, Head of Datacenter Segment UK, Schneider Electric
Kemal Hawa, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig
| || || |
| Featured Panel: Forward Thinking: The Capital Markets, The Headwinds, The Tailwinds and the Explosive Growth in the Data Center Industry|
Proposed Discussion Points:
* By 2020, 50 billion devices are expected to be connected to the internet. Today, there are 4.9 billion connected devices. So, where do you fit in?
* Where do we go, and how to we invest?
* Who is buying assets and why?
* Who is selling assets and why?
* What role has monetization played in the data center space?
* Analysis of global data sovereignty policies as they relate to Ireland
* From a big picture perspective, what data center companies are leasing space and why are they spending so much money on marketing efforts?
* Will we see a big void if Facebook or another large end user leaves the retail/wholesale space?
* Analysis of strategy, site selection and sustainability of the industry
* Will we see a bubble?
* Why are the large enterprises (i.e. Amazon, Microsoft) building so much so fast? What are they seeing that we are not seeing?
* Will the large enterprises monopolize the industry?
* Why has the industry not slowed down with the rising costs of debt and equity?
* Internet of Things is expected to grow enormously in the next 5-10 years: How are the owners responding to this growth?
* How is cloud affecting the data center, and how are vendors responding?
* And how will cloud affect the importance and/or future of the retail data center market?
* How are enterprises viewing the retail data center now that cloud and IOT are moving towards the mainstream?
* How is this change in IT architecture affecting retail data and wholesale centers?
* Moderator: Garry Connolly, Chairman, GconnTec & President, Host in Ireland
* Zahl Limbuwala, CEO, Romonet
* Ian Lucey, Founder – Director & Investor, Lucey
* Colm Piercy, CEO, Viatel
* Nick Razey, CEO, Next Generation Data Ltd
* Barry Rhodes, Chief Executive, INEX
View detailed agenda >
| Mezzanine Sponsor:|
| Sponsors & Exhibitors:|
| || || || |
2016 Western European Data Centre Summit Schedule:
19 July, 7:00-8:30pm
Opening Night Reception at Irish Whiskey Museum
20, July, 7:00am-5:00pm
| Full-Day Conference at The Westin Dublin: Panel sessions to focus on state of the market, new development/site selection, investment, financing, connectivity innovations|
Look who's attending, as of July 8: Join senior-level decision-makers
- AFCO Systems
- Aurora Telecom
- Butler Transtest Limited
- CapRate Events
- CapRate Events | International Data Center Summit Series
- CapRate Events | National Data Center Summit Series
- CBRE GWS EMEA
- Chirisa Investments
- Collen Construction Ltd
- Cork Internet eXchange
- Datacenter People
- DataPlex Datacentres Limited
- Digital Realty
- Duff & Phelps
- Eaton Power Quality Division, Canada
- eBay Inc
- Emerson Network Power
- Equinix- Telecity
- ESB Smart Energy Services
- ESB Telecoms Ltd
- Ethos Engineering
- Ethos Engineering Ireland
- EvoSwitch Global Services
- Executive Council Member, Host in Ireland
- Future Tech
- Greenberg Traurig
- Head of Server Farm Europe
- Hibernia Networks
- Host in Ireland
- IDA Ireland
- iMiller Public Relations
- Infinity SDC Limited
- Interxion Ireland Limited
- Ireland-France Subsea Cable Limited
- Keppel DC REIT
- Mercury Engineering
- Next Generation Data Ltd
- PM Group
- Primary Integration Solutions Europe, Ltd.
- Schneider Electric.com
- Sungard Availability Services
- Tate Inc
- Tiernan Properties
- Winthrop Engineering and Contracting Ltd