Join iMiller Public Relations at Chicago Summit
Industry-Leading Summit Returns to Chicago: New Information, Original Research & Powerful Networking
Attendance is building for The Second Annual Greater Chicago Data Center Summit, a production of CapRate Events (CRE). This industry-leading summit, and the third in the 2013 National Data Center Summit Series, will be held on June 27 in Chicago.
Recent attendees represent innovative data center design, development, technology and end-user firms in Greater Chicago, Midwestern states and from around the nation. 200 executives from more 10 states have already made plans to attend this important Chicago Summit; 400+ are expected (see attending firm list in this e-mail).
"We are seeing significant end-user interest in this year's Chicago summit," said Brian Klebash, President of CRE. "From our first Chicago summit in 2012, the market remains strong, with healthy downtown demand. Chicago, much like the nation, is looking forward to the next change in technology and the corresponding new way of designing and developing energy-efficient data centers, topics which we'll discuss on June 27."
Recent Speaker Additions: Hear New Voices and the Most-Active Industry Firms
* Michael A. Kavanau, Senior Managing Director, HFF
* John Wallerich, CEO, Principal, The Wallerich Group
* Sean Sullivan, Senior Vice President – Media & Technology, GE Capital Telecom (not pictured)
* Donald Koliboski, Director of Economic Development, Northwest Indiana Forum (not pictured)
* Christian A. Domin, Managing Director, GlenStar Properties, LLC (not pictured)
Featured Panel: Data Center End User Trends: Analysis of Chicago’s Financial Sector, Healthcare and Educational Demand Drivers
* Will end-users seek additional colocation space in the next 12-24 months or pursue custom design-and-build solutions?
* What services will end-users seek out and will strategies align with developer/investor offerings?
* How will the various cloud offerings impact future strategy?
* Moderator: Luke Denmon, Critical Environment Practice, CBRE
* Barry Alton, Managing Director & Global Head – Corporate Real Estate & Services, Jefferies & Company, Inc.
* William Baxter, UBS
* Christian A. Domin, Managing Director, GlenStar Properties, LLC
* Tania M. Carrasco, Director – Data Center Engineering, CME Group (tentative)
Additional speakers TBA
2013 Conference Agenda:
7:30-8:00 Registration & Breakfast
8:00-8:05 Opening Remarks
8:05-8:20 Kerrigan on Chicago: Comparing Greater Chicago and Midwest Data Center Markets to National Regions & Opportunities
Featuring: Jim Kerrigan, Principal & Director Data Center Group, Avison Young
8:20-9:20 Greater Chicago and Midwest Data Center Market Outlook
9:20-10:20 Data Center Financing: Exploring the Role of REIT, Technology, and Private Equity Funds
10:50-11:20 Energy Efficiency & Government Regulation: Analysis of Measures that Could Impact the High-Voltage Data Center Real Estate Industry
11:20-12:10 Concurrent Panels:
Track A: The Impact of the Cloud on New Development: End-Users and Cloud Service Providers Weigh in on the Cloud Requirements in the Next 12-24 Months and Beyond
Track B: The Next Midwest Data Center Market: Analysis & Predictions for New Market Investment & Development
12:40-1:30 Luncheon Discussion: Data Center President & CEO Panel — A “View from the Top” Discussion of Operating and Managing Data Centers
1:45-2:30 Concurrent Panels
Track A: Data Center End User Trends: Analysis of Chicago’s Financial Sector, Healthcare and Educational Demand Drivers
Track B: Data Center Development Debate: Performance Sensitive vs. Undifferentiated Site Selection Decision-Making
2:30-3:15 Concurrent Panels
Track A: Innovations in Energy Efficient Design & Development
Track B: Connecting Chicago to Los Angeles, New York and other Major Markets: Analysis of “Gateway” Connectivity Opportunities & Challenges to Vital Markets
3:15-3:45 Fireside Chat with Greater Chicago Data Center Firm of the Year: Digital Realty Trust